Sunday, February 9, 2014

Film Review: The Hunger Games - Catching Fire (2013)

I treat myself a good a movie this weekend. I watched the Hunger Games film, the part 2, Catching Fire. I actually watched it online for free! Yes, browsing the Internet these days, with just a simple search of a keyword "watch catching fire online" in Google Search engine, It'll give you the site on top of the search result, offering a free streaming movie of the Hunger Games Catching Fire. I love Google for doing this.

Just to share the exact site where I watched Hunger Games (please see below):
http://watch32.com/movies-online/the-hunger-games-catching-fire-5220

Disclaimer: I don't intend to promote the shared link above nor i don't know if it's even legal. Google Search engine is giving the website which ranking first in search result so i think it's okay. No copyright intended.

Not A Copy-Cat of Koushun Takami's Novel - Battle Royale:

When there's a release of a good film based on a novel, I am used to read the book first before watching the film because some parts of film itself may not match what's originally written in the novel. I experienced it with some film, like Harry Potter.

The first time i heard about the book Hunger Games, there's already rumors that it was a copy-cat of Koushun Takami's Novel - Battle Royale. So, I feel, I was influenced with that rumor. I watched the Hunger Games first film directly without reading the novel. I don't want to waste my time reading a copy-cat. I watched it ahead to see what's similarities are there in the story compare to Battle Royale. And yeah, the killing game of the Hunger Games is kind of similar to Battle Royale.

And so, this weekend, I tried watching the second part of the Hunger Games film (see first paragraph of this post how i watched it). The second film was outstanding. The story is great. With the story of the second part of the film also based on the second novel of Hunger Games, It proves to me that it was not definitely a copy-cat of Battle Royale. I like the twist (by the way, rest in peace, Philip Seymour Hoffman. You did brilliant in the film). There's more to the story than the killing game. I think, similarities between the first Hunger Games and Battle Royale are just a coincidence.

After watching film, I feel i need to buy & read the book, the third part of the Hunger Games: Mockingjay. I can't wait to watch the next film. I heard they divided it into two parts. Heh, like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows two-part film.

Hope you enjoy what I've shared today.

Thanks!


Reference Source:

No comments:

Post a Comment